Uniquely Weird...

While out browsing, I came across this article on unique properties, however they provided no link with which you could read about them or entertain the history of how they came to be.  Anyway, I figured I would share, since I had to go hunt for links so I could read about them.  Sometimes I have too much time of my hands and should be doing some house chores instead of taking home tours!


Ghost-Proof Mansion
California’s ghost-proof mansion is so mysterious that it can even fool the ghosts. The 750 rooms of this mansion include fake staircases, doors, and chimneys. Spiraling staircases leading you to the blank walls, adds to the mysterious factor of the mansion.  Great information about the background and history of this house at Wikipedia.



House on Rock
Wisconsin’s house on rock sits pretty on a 60 foot giant rock overlooking a scenic valley placed 450 feet below. This engineering marvel took 5000 tons of solid stone chips and 500 tons of sand mixture for its construction.  There is a video and a website, both of which are worth checking out. 





House of Bottles
18,000 soda, beer, medicine, and liquor bottles were required to construct the magnificent house of bottles. Tourists from all across the world make it a point to visit this unique home during their visit to British Columbia.  To read about this house, click here.




The Revolving Home

This circular-shaped structure of Connecticut has rooms which look just like slices from a pie. The construction rests over a 3-ton heavy ball and revolves with the help of a 2 h.p. motor. The transparent glass windows add to the attraction and beauty of the revolving home.  Here is a video tour.




Underground House
This beautifully carved structure under the earth’s surface took more than 40 years to get completed. Built in the year 1946, the underground house of Fresno, California provides a 90-room facility for its guests and visitors.  Want to see more?  click here.


Now, if you got an opportunity to stay at one of these homes, which one will you choose? While the ghost-proof mansion can make you feel secured, the underground house can arouse your curiosity. Again, the house on rock can give you a taste of excitement and adventure, while the house of bottles and the revolving home can promise you pure fun and amusement! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Girl!!!


    Long time no see!! Miss you:o)!

    Nursey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed you too! Glad to see you're doing well!

      Delete

I have been temporarily distracted by a shiny object. Go ahead you know what to do!